Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hmmm

Not much for today. Still reeling from the election results. Still can't imagine that the American people would actually elect a non-military person in war time. Not to mention all the other crap that that went on with him during the election. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I wouldn't bet on it..

Still no work on the Cobra. Bad weather is keeping me from finishing the tune and water/meth injection on it. It needs front brakes, but until I get back to work, that 's a no go.

I shut off my satellite radio a couple of days ago. I miss it already. Not that big a deal. I'll get it back when works pick up. Went 47 years without it before! :)

I was thinking of sending out some photos to get printed, but last time I sent them to Walmart, the 8x10's I had done looked like crap. The smaller 4x6's looked okay, but on the 8x10's, the color was all wrong. I printed out an 8x10 here at home that came out much better than what Walmart did. I don't have a large format printer any longer, so that is about the biggest I can go. While the print looked good from the new HP OfficeJet J6480, I was not that impressed with the Kodak high gloss premium photo paper that I used. It looks good if you view the photo straight on, but at any angle, the paper looks lumpy. I have some HP paper, as well as some Epson photo paper and some Jet Print Matte photo paper. I also have some Georgia Pacific matte photo paper that is 46lb and is really nice, I just haven't tried it yet either.

If any of you have some suggestions on paper you have used that has worked good for you, please let me know. I"m printing high quality color digital photos on it. I would also like to do some black and white work here soon.

2 comments:

  1. Frank,

    Take a look at the printing services at Adorama (http://www.adorama.com). That is where a lot of professionals get their photographic printing done. The quality is top-notch, and the pricing is very reasonable.

    - David

    ReplyDelete