Monday, November 3, 2008

Hp notebook, disapointed and are you ready?


HP



I finished setting up the HP notebook for some friends. It's a nice computer and the first I have used with Windows Vista.

My first impression of the setup were good. Great 17" screen, full number pad, lots of RAM and hard drive space, and the slickness of Vista. For the sale price of $699, I think it was a steal!

While I really like Vista, it seems a bit bloated and slowed this computer down some. I hear it's fairly crash proof, which is more than I can say for XP. I think I will like it on my next computer.

Here is a photo of the notebook. For it's size, it fairly light. So light, it even appears to float!








Disapointed


I reciently re-joined the local builders exchange in Redding so I could get back into bidding some comercial work. I quickly found out that they have an online plan room which is nice for looking at plans that are online only, as well as plans they have in their plan room. Unfortunatly, if you are there and need to look at you saved information in their software, they don't have internet access in their building. This to me seems rediculus! To offer online access, yet not spend $100 for a router so the members can have access when there using the plan room. Come on guys, we pay $400/yr. to me members plus other fees. Spend a buck on a router. You already have net access in the building.


And today, I go there to get some plan copies, and their plan copy machine is down. No "contingency to get plans copied, just "we'll call you when your plans are ready." Unfortunatly, I have to make a 80 mile round trip drive to pick them up, which is like $25 in fuel. Grrrrr.....



Are you ready?



Less than a day left.









2 comments:

  1. Frank,

    HP notebooks are very good. I recommend them and use one myself. I use Vista Ultimate on my HP notebook and have had no problems whatever--with the exception of a couple of programs that would not operate in the 64-bit environment. They were programs that I rarely used, and they were easily replaced with compliant programs.

    The issue with the builders exchange is absolutely imbecilic!

    - David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was very impressed and would buy a HP notebook myself. Maybe my next one will be HP. Currently, I have an Acer Aspire 5670 that I have upgraded the RAM in. Nice notebook and has served me well for the last three years or so.

    The builders Exchange is another story...

    ReplyDelete