Friday, November 7, 2008

Fishing, weather and hard drive

Got a chance to head out to the lake today. The weather was great. Nice and sunny. The fishing was good also. Not stunning, but well worth it. We ended up with 6 trout and 1 bass in the boat, and lost almost that many. Any day on the lake is better than one in the house. Here is a photo of my buddy JP and the big fish of the day. 18", 2lb-6oz. Shasta Lake rainbow trout.





Here is the big fish for me today. Not nearly the size of JP's fish...



And of course, the obligatory Mt. Shasta shot. Peeking from behind the lesser hills of the lake.

I didn't have the Nikon D50 today. I shot these with the Sanyo CG6 that goes with me when I'm fishing and hunting. It's a perfect camera for what I use it for. And I don't have to worry about taking the Nikon and hurting it.

Tonight, while going to get my camera in the other room, I managed to get my Maxtor 500 gig USB external hard drive's cord wrapped around my my big foot and pulled the drive down to the floor with sufficient force to be felt on the richter scale. I thought for sure it was a gonner. Brand new drive (with tons of files on it) lost. I plugged the USB wire back into it and into the notebook's USB port. To my surprise, the drive booted up and indexed the files and I was able to access it. I guess drive technology, at least as far as durability, has come a long way.

4 comments:

  1. Good fishing!

    You were fortunate that your hard drive did not suffer damage. Do not repeat this! :)

    Drive carefully when you journey to Hippyland Monday!

    - David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the hard drive cords tucked away in a more secure area now. Shoudn't happen again.

    Not looking forward to going to Hippyland, but sometime you have to do what you have to do. I'll make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fish looks at least 5 pounds!

    JP

    ReplyDelete